I am very passionate about the RTC Extensions Workshop as you might be able to tell from the content of this blog. Performing it with EWM 7.0.x provided several challenges. It became apparent that an update to the workshop would be beneficial.
I spent a considerable amount of time in the past two months to update the workshop. As a summary the following items where addressed:
- Since the CCM server is shipped with WebSphere liberty profile, configuring the server for debugging needed to be changed. The old way to configure the server still worked in the 6.0.x versions, so it went unnoticed. With EWM 7.0.1 this is no longer the case and the workshop was updated to address this.
- The advanced capabilities introduced in the EWM SCM system in the 6.x and later caused a deviation of the screen shots showing the pending changes. The workshop setup tool was slightly changed to fix this.
- The workshop setup tool and its shell script has been tested with Linux and MAC OS.
- I wanted to add a section to Lab 1, explaining how to setup the existing Eclipse client/server development workspaces to better support development and debugging of the Plain Java Client Libraries forever. The new last optional section addresses this. For this reason Lab 1 of the workshop is a must for anyone intending to create Java based automation or extensions to RTC/EWM.
- I had an errata list with a number of small issues, typos, naming inconsistencies and the like that were fixed. During reviews a bunch more showed up and were fixed.
- A colleague ran the workshop on his MAC, so this works. Use whatever is available for MAC like Eclipse and where this is not specifically available, use the Linux versions.
The RTC Extensions Workshop has been published with an additional section for the new EWM versions and is now available for download. I will update recent posts around the workshop in the next few days.
As always, I hope that this blog post helps the users in the Jazz Community.