The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's position, strategies or opinions.
Anyone is free to use, copy, distribute, modify the source code and other materials directly linked from rsjazz.wordpress.com if agreeing to the license statement in the posts, in case there is one available.
All content is provided "as is" and without warranties. I am not responsible for any harm or damage caused by this material to you, your computer, your software, or anything else.
Top Posts & Pages
- Understanding and Using the RTC Java Client API
- What API's are Available for RTC and What Can You Extend?
- Learning To Fly: Getting Started with the RTC Java API's
- Running the RTC Extensions Workshop With RTC 6.0.1
- Publishing XML and Other Data With the WAS Liberty Profile
- The Work Item Time Tracking API
- Setting up Rational Team Concert for API Development
- The RTC WorkItem Server Link API - Linking to Work Items and Other Elements
- A RTC WorkItem Command Line Version 2
- The RTC WorkItem Client Link API - Linking to Work Items and Other Elements
- Full Cycle Cognitive Development – Part 2 – Agile Development February 20, 2017Introduction In part 1 of this series, Full Cycle Cognitive Development – Part 1 – Business Concepts, I talked about some of the simple organizational issues and concepts that are important to know when doing cognitive development. I am an ex-developer, so this second part is a bit closer to my heart.
- Storing Standards in DNG February 14, 2017Many industries rely heavily on a large number of standards, a selection of which are used on each project. There is a perennial problem of managing these so that they are visible within the engineering data environment along with other design artifacts. I wrote previously about some approaches to creating and maintaining traceability to the [...] Keep on re […]
- Query Models or how to find stuff in the RTC API February 14, 2017Although I have done my share using and blogging about the API there are still a lot of uncharted areas. How can I use the RTC API to find a user by the name? This is a question that came up recently in the forum and is one of many questions, I did not have a good answer until today. While writing my last post, for whatever reason I started thinking about th […]
- Query Models or how to find stuff with the RTC Java API February 14, 2017Although I have done my share using and blogging about the API there are still a lot of uncharted areas. How can I use the RTC API to find a user by the name? This is a question that came up recently in the forum and is one of many questions, I did not have a good answer until today. While writing my last post, for whatever reason I started thinking about th […]
- DIY stream naming convention advisors February 13, 2017Organizations might be interested in enforcing naming conventions for streams or make sure that stream names must be unique. This post shows some simple example advisor that check for a naming convention and make sure the stream name is unique. License The post contains published code, so our lawyers reminded me to state that the code in this post is derived […]
- A component naming convention advisor February 9, 2017Organizations sometimes would like to implement naming conventions for components based on the architecture for example. This post shows a simple example advisor that checks for a naming convention. License The post contains published code, so our lawyers reminded me to state that the code in this post is derived from examples from Jazz.net as well as the RT […]
- Full Cycle Cognitive Development – Part 1 – Business Concepts February 2, 2017Introduction I’ve been working with IBM Watson and cognitive computing for a while now, and I have seen a lot of really amazing and innovative applications of cognitive technology by our customers. Customers take combinations of the cognitive capabilities of Watson, and combine them to provide capabilities, insight, and intelligence that is unique and game […]
- Are you interested in Internet of Things (IoT) + Continuous Engineering ? February 1, 2017If you are interested in IoT + CE integration to use IoT to improve your software quality, please take a look at IBM Continuous Engineering Connector for IoT The download page has links to a good installation and an user guide, so I believe that you can install, configure and start this connector easily. However, if you wil...Keep on reading: Are you interes […]
- Full Cycle Cognitive Development – Part 2 – Agile Development February 20, 2017
Tag Archives: plain java client library api
This is the forth post in the series around very fine grained access control permissions for work items and SCM versionables. It explains the last requirement, which was to be able to set the custom attributes on elements in the … Continue reading
This is the third post in the series around very fine grained access control permissions for work items and SCM versionables. It explains how to set the access control permissions for RTC SCM versionables. See the problem description in the … Continue reading
This is the second post in the series around very fine grained access control permissions for work items and RTC SCM versionables. It explains how to set the access control permissions for work items. See the problem description in the … Continue reading
A customer requires very fine grained access control to work items and versionable objects such as files in the SCM system. In addition the customer had the requirement to be able to set attributes on elements in the SCM system. … Continue reading
Recently I was asked how to access the users work environment information. This is basically the information displayed in the Work Environment Tab of the user editor. I was able to get at the Information. The code below shows how … Continue reading
Build Artifacts Publishing and Automated Build Output Management Using the Plain Java Client Libraries
The Jazz Build Engine is unfortunately very limited with respect to publish build results. Can this be done better? Is it possible to automatically move the data of special builds into artifact repositories? I have published some articles in the … Continue reading
I intend this to become the beginners guide for the RTC java API’s. The reason is, I spend far too much time on the forums trying to answer beginner questions on how to get started over and over again. I … Continue reading